Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week of 2.14.17 Valentine's Day Poems

I didn't expect you 
No appointments made
for August 23rd
No introduction planned
my table unconcerned
My hand not prepared to embrace
This abundant warmth in this
unplanned fate


If We Were Made A Movie ***
They stamped my heart, left it for dead
You swooped it up
And then you said-
Come here my darling don't you sway,
live to see another day.
Off we rode into the night
A silver lining in the movie's light


My devious left hand
My left hand spills the
                     table salt
And then goes for the
    water glass
Seeping onto the
         softened ground.
The devious move in revenge
to the right hand that shook yours.


Spinning
The numbers wrap around my mind
like peanut butter on a spoon-
mixed with honey
a fluid swoon.
Of the number of times, I've thought
of you.


Tripping over my tongue
Streams of sunshine
Blondish-orange specks
Faded blue eyes spilling into your soul
"Look-you-good"
fathoms my words
As my mind trips into your
swirling oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment